Secret Facebook Features Every Marketer Should Be Using
Save articles with the "Save" feature
With more link posts creeping into your news feed every day, the Facebook Save feature is a neat tool to help you curate relevant content you can rehash and reuse for your Facebook page.
Leverage Interest Lists to stay organized
Here are some ways you can go about creating and segmenting interest lists:
- Create a Facebook list by country/region/state/city Create a Facebook list by industry: advertising, aerospace, consumer goods, etc.
- Create a Facebook list by medium: traditional journalism vs citizen journalism, for example
- Create a Facebook list by interests: biking, hiking, movies, books, etc.
Monitor your competitors' top posts
Did you know you can see top posts from pages you watch within Facebook Insights? This makes monitoring the content of your closest competitors extremely convenient!
Download your Facebook history for business analytics
Yep, you can download your entire Facebook history! Go to your settings, then, click on “Download Page.” That’s it!
Tag personal profiles to get more Facebook interaction
Have you ever wanted to tag people on your Facebook page, but couldn't figure out how? It’s easy with this hack!
Click on “Edit Post” in the dropdown menu. In the editable textbook, type @ before the person’s name you want to tag in the post, just like you would tag a person normally on Facebook. Hit “Done Editing” and a notification is sent!
Pin posts to the top of your timeline to increase visibility
Pinning a post to the top of your Facebook Timeline increases post visibility. So, why not do it?
Click on the downward-facing arrow on the top right hand corner of the post and hit “Pin To Top.” That’s it!
Find evangelists & weed out fakes within your fan list
It’s easy to track your fans:
- Go to your page settings
Click on “People and Other Pages”
- Click on the dropdown menu next to “People Who Like This Page”
- See people and pages that like your page – plus people banned from your page.
Mark all Facebook notifications as read to stop the stress
Here's how: go to your page notifications (the globe in the top right corner) and click on “Mark All as Read.”
It’s that simple!
Use Post Attribution settings to keep your identity straight
Are you sick of posting on your page with a wrong identity? Make use of the default Post Attribution settings!
Go to your Page settings, click on “Post Attribution” on the left sidebar, choose your preferred default identity. and voila – you’re done!
Filter your page posts by type to save time
Filtering your page posts by post type will save you a ton of time.
Here's how: click on “Activity Log” on the left sidebar of your page settings and choose the appropriate post type.
Manage your notifications & emails to keep your inbox clear
Here’s how: go to “Settings” and click on “Notifications”. You can click on which notifications you want to receive.
Keep tabs on Ad Relevance
Want to ensure ads are delivered to the appropriate audience and improve your ROI? Check your relevance score!
- Go to Ads Manager
- Click on All Campaigns, All Ad Sets or All Ads
- Click the Columns dropdown
- Select Customize Columns
- Check Relevance Score
- Click Apply
- On your Reports page, click the Breakdown dropdown menu (next to the Columns dropdown)
- Be sure you've selected “None” otherwise your relevance score will not display.